Thursday, April 16, 2020

Loving and Learning in Lodi April 19 2020

~ recapitulation ~
an act or instance of summarizing and restating
the main points of something.

           Back in February, when I was planning worship for Easter and through June, I decided to revisit the sermon series on Philippians. We began our time together, in the summer of 2016, with this series. I thought it fitting to see how our time together had influenced and changed how we hear and live Paul’s words to the Philippians. The letter to the Philippians is his most encouraging letter to any of the churches. It was a joy to begin there in 2016 and an affirmation of God’s faithful work in all our lives to finish our ministry together in the pages of Philippians.
           So…We will be doing a recapitulation…restating the main points of what we learned in 2016 and what it means to follow Jesus for a lifetime!
                                                      Missing you all…but grateful to carry you all in my heart,
                                                                 Pastor Diane


Sunday, April 19, 2020
Hymns:         O, For a Thousand Tongues to Sing            verses 1 - 4                          #57
                      Lord, Listen to Your Children Praying                      sing once                              TFWS #2193
                      Easter People Raise Your Voices            verses 1 & 3                         #304
                      He Lives                                                    verses 1 - 3                          #310



           From Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. To all those in Philippi who are God’s people in Christ Jesus, along with your supervisors and servants. May the grace and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

            I thank my God every time I mention you in my prayers. I’m thankful for all of you every time I pray, and it’s always a prayer full of joy. I’m glad because of the way you have been my partners in the ministry of the gospel from the time you first believed it until now. I’m sure about this: the one who started a good work in you will stay with you to complete the job by the day of Christ Jesus. I have good reason to think this way about all of you because I keep you in my heart. You are all my partners in God’s grace, both during my time in prison and in the defense and support of the gospel. God is my witness that I feel affection for all of you with the compassion of Christ Jesus.

           This is my prayer: that your love might become even more and more rich with knowledge and all kinds of insight. I pray this so that you will be able to decide what really matters and so you will be sincere and blameless on the day of Christ. I pray that you will then be filled with the fruit of righteousness, which comes from Jesus Christ, in order to give glory and praise to God.


Leader: The Word of God for the people of God.               People:  Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment