Thursday, July 23, 2020


Loving and Learning in Lodi, for Sunday, July 26, 2020
This week we will look at scriptures about the spiritual gift of joy. Jesus told us that he came to the world, that His joy might be in us and be complete. Neither Jesus’ joy nor our own is dependent on the things that we may equate with happiness; happiness is a good and beautiful thing, but it can be like soap bubbles blown by children- fragile and fleeting. Happiness is often dependent on our outer circumstances.  Spiritual joy is strong and eternal; it comes with the freedom of love - love like God’s own generous, creative, wise holy love.  Joy comes when we let go of expectations and embrace hope!  This week I hope we are all prayerful and attentive to the things that bring joy to our lives. I thank you, Lodi church family, for the joy you have brought to my spirit - on my birthday and every day! Joy to the world- the Lord has come! Pastor Pam                                                                                           
Scripture                    Psalm 16:5-11
Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
    you make my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
    surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
    even at night my heart instructs me.
I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
    With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
    my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
    nor will you let your faithful[a] one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence,
    with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
                            
Hymns       “Joy to the World”                       (verses 1 & 4)    #246
     “Love Divine, All Love Excelling”   (verses 1 & 4)     #384
      “Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee”    (verses 1 & 3)      #89

Meet and greets with Pastor Pam:   This week begins a series of small group meetings (set up by the SPRC committee – you will be getting a phone call) (if you do not hear from the SPRC committee, please call or text  Joan Anderson 330-421-4860 to be included in a meeting) where we can become acquainted with Pastor Pam.  She would love to hear your cherished memories and hopes for the future!

School My Sheep Update from Katrina:
Hold the presses! Time to say "Thank you" and "Praise God!"
We do NOT need any more school supplies!  Repeat...we do NOT need any more supplies and it’s not even August!  This is amazing!!  We've exceeded our goals and all supplies are packed and ready to go! In fact, if we needed to hand them out tomorrow, we could. (with a few exceptions) 

20 Preschool bags
60 Cloverleaf Elementary 
60 Non-Cloverleaf  Elementary 
70 Middle School/High School
210 kids going back to school!

Any other monetary donations will be used to pay off new expenses for headphones, computer mouse sets and additional book bags. (We had to go ahead and order what we needed to ensure they arrived in time).
Thank you for your generosity, your continued prayers and support for this ministry.
Addendum to School My Sheep:   One week ago, we had 175 bags. We had enough supplies come in to do 35 more bags! Donations allowed us to order 24 more large back packs. At this time, we have 122 bags, which is great! 

Quick update on the Celebrate “100” ramp project:  The architect and building department, at the county level, are finalizing the drawings.  Hope to hear back, soon!

*****Pastor Pam is settling into the parsonage and our little Lodi.  She does not have her home office computer set up as of yet, but her phone number and e-mail (which she gets on her phone) are open to everyone! (She is hoping to be up and running, with a little help, next week!)
Rev. Pamela Buzalka       (216)-704-0307        pamelab23@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment