Wednesday, May 20, 2020


Loving and Learning in Lodi

           Last week’s service was richly blessed with Missy Laughlin’s and Grace Harvey’s music along with Bob Heitkamp’s sharing about he has continued following Christ through the years. A big THANK YOU for their ministries to us!
           I can hardly believe that this weekend is Memorial Day weekend! We will all be altering how we commemorate…how we remember those who have given their very lives in service to our country. Usually, the weekend is a mix of somber remembrance and glad anticipation for the summer months. And, actually, we will still have both…just done differently this year. I’ll be sending us a short video as a way to remember our service men and women since we won’t be gathering together for the Liberty Concert.
           Life is always in flux. We usually think we can control most of what happens to us and around us. But, really, we don’t. Life is fragile. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns. In his letter to the Philippians, Paul encourages them to continue to stand strong in their faith and to rejoice in the gift of grace and salvation in Christ. We give thanks for those words that encourage us still today!!

                                                      Missing you all…but grateful to carry you all in my heart,
                                                                 Pastor Diane


Sunday, May 24, 2020
Hymns:         Rejoice the Lord Is King                                           verses 1 - 3                                #715
                      Lord, Listen to Your Children Praying                                 sing once                                TFWS #2193
                      He Has Made Me Glad                                            sing twice                                TFWS #2270
                      Lord, I Want to be a Christian                               verses 1, 4 & own                #402  


           Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends!

           I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life.

           Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

           Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Leader: The Word of God for the people of God.               People:  Thanks be to God.

THE CHURCH IN ACTION


Thank you to the congregation from Bryce Betts: I would like to thank my church family for all the love and support I have received during my graduation, and over my years as a member of the church. I have attended this church all of my life, and I have experienced nothing but love and support from the congregation. I'm so thankful for my church family always being there for me. I really appreciate all the cards and the drive though graduation at the church. I have missed seeing everybody every Sunday, and it was so enjoyable to see and talk to everyone after two months. I'd just like to thank everyone for all the love and support over my past eighteen years at Lodi UMC, and I will always love and remember my church family.

School My Sheep 2020 from Katrina Morgan:  Good news! Due to donations already received and a few items from last year, we are already in position to send twenty children back to school!
           We’ve spoken to the Cloverleaf School Board and learned they will still be providing school supplies to elementary students this year, despite Covid-19, and budget cuts.  This means our role remains much the same as it has been in past years—fill in with a few elementary supply items not provided by the district and concentrate our efforts on Middle School and High School students. Over the last few years, we’ve also been able to help families from surrounding districts such as Black River, Brunswick, and Norwayne. We anticipate that need to be greater than ever this year. 
For all grades: We need book bags small, medium, and large for boys and girls.
For Elementary: We need zippered pencil pouches.
The schools have asked for over-ear headphones, and wireless mouse sets again. If members would like to contribute monetarily, we’ve found companies that sell those products with bulk pricing.  We’ll do the best we can. It’s been a tough year for us as well.
Middle School and High School Supplies:      College ruled filler paper            Index cards
College ruled 1-subject notebooks                           Highlighters                          Post-it notes
2-pocket folders with prongs                                  Colored pencils                     1” binders
Thank you for all you do in our community! Miss you!

Feeding Medina County food pick up for all county residents (no forms or income requirements) on Thursdays going forward at 7:30 a.m. at the County fairgrounds. www.feedingmedinacounty.org/

Please save your plastic caps & lids for a “buddy bench” at Sylvia Anderson’s great nephew, Braden’s school.

Contact Information for Pastor Diane: Phone/Text:  719-648-9065 ~ Email:  dianebell7@msn.com ~
118 Evergreen Dr., Lodi, OH 44254


No comments:

Post a Comment