Thursday, May 14, 2020


Loving and Learning in Lodi May 17 2020

           Last week’s service was richly blessed with Missy Laughlin’s music along with Colette Laughlin’s and Cheryl Bett’s sharing about the lessons they learned from the women who raised them! A big THANK YOU for their ministries to us!
           Fellowship and community are two hallmarks of our Christian faith. During these weeks of social distancing, I think we’ve all realized how much we depend on each other’s’ support and encouragement as we seek to stay strong and faithful in our walk with Christ.
           Paul, being so far away from the Philippians, encouraged them to stay strong and faithful as they walked with Christ. He can’t be physically present with them, but he knows the power of Christ to ‘hold on to them’ as they seek to ‘hold on to Christ’ in their hearts and lives.
           Sometimes I’ve written in this email or spoken these words in the audio worship message: “Hang in there!” Today I change it to “Hang onto Christ!”

                                                      Missing you all…but grateful to carry you all in my heart,
                                                                 Pastor Diane
  

Sunday, May 17, 2020
Hymns:         Praise to the Lord, the Almighty                               verses 1 - 5                                #139
                      Lord, Listen to Your Children Praying                                 sing once                                TFWS #2193
                      O How I Love Jesus                                               verses 1 & 3                                #170
                      O Jesus I Have Promised                                           verses 1 – 4                                #396  



           But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.

           Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Leader: The Word of God for the people of God.               People:  Thanks be to God.

THE CHURCH IN ACTION

 celebration: This Saturday, May 16th,  at 1:00 p.m. in the church’s parking lot, we will have a graduation ‘party’ drive-by for Bryce. There will be a basket for cards. Be sure to come out and wish him well! He plans on attending the University of Toledo and majoring in mechanical engineering. If you can't make the drive by party and want to send a card, his address is 8954 Harris Road, Lodi, OH 44254.

School My Sheep Update from Katrina Morgan:  Hello!  Missing you and hoping everyone is well! It’s hard to believe, but we're only 2 months away from really gearing up and getting ourselves organized for School My Sheep. Luckily, because so many people were self-isolating at home, many cleaned out closets and drawers.  As a result, we've had 12 bags of clothes donated as well as several boxes of school supplies. How nice that this wonderful community event has a life of its own and has been rumbling along in the background. Look for a list of needed supplies as we will be inventorying soon!

Feeding Medina County food pick up for all county residents (no forms or income requirements) on Thursdays going forward at 7:30 a.m. at the County fairgrounds. www.feedingmedinacounty.org/

Please save your plastic caps & lids for a “buddy bench” at Sylvia Anderson’s great nephew, Braden’s school.




No comments:

Post a Comment